Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I saw my oncologist today and the good news is the test that I was worried about came back negative the HER2 test which is great! The bad news is the grade of my cancer is closer to a 3 than a 2 which is the most aggressive kind. Because of this and my age we have to go with the most aggressive (harshest) chemotherapy and treatments. I will be getting 2 kinds of chemo the first 8 weeks will be AC-T the tough stuff. I will get it every 2 weeks for 2 months, after I finish that I will get something called Taxol another chemotherapy that is not as harsh but has its own side effects. I am starting this coming monday and I will definitely lose my hair. When I finish these treatments I will need to get radiation. This will not be and easy process but I promise to do my best to stay strong and fight through this as best I can. I am very scared and overwhelmed right now and will use my friends and family for encouragment to help me through so thank you all for your thoughts and prayers I still need them more than ever.

3 comments:

  1. We are all thinking about you daily. We know you will come through this and continue to succeed. Our faith in your good health has never faltered. Keep your chin up, Nicole. Know we are there for you. Take it one day at a time.
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you every day and we're here for you if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family and I are sending you healing energy and love! xo

    ReplyDelete