Monday, October 5, 2009

Here we are again. 11:30 pm and I am up in some pain but not to bad thank G-D. I am kind of relaxed and just reflecting on my day. I am proud of myself I am not staying in bed under the covers all day and feeling sorry for myself at all. I had a great day. My Mom and I did all of our medical duties early this morning, had breakfast and went to run some errands. One errand was to go to the Doctors office (my gynecologist) to speak to the Nurse Practitioner who gave me the horrible news on that fateful day of September 4th. I wanted to hug her and say I am sorry that she had to do such a difficult task that day but I thank G-d for her that she was the one that told me. She is about as calming a person by nature I could have ever wished for. I hugged her and apologized and let her know how grateful I am to her. She almost cried which made me realize really how empathetic she is and how wonderful a human being. Then Mom and I went to lunch with one of my best friends and had a really nice time, and then I had decided the day before to cut my hair off to about an inch or less from my head. I figured let me take control over when my hair comes off and the choice away from cancer therefore the control in my hands. I felt so empowered as she cut each long strand of hair off my head and then I got the mirror and fell in love with my new Mia Farrow look! After that we went to get my eyebrows and lips waxed to make the whole beauty thing complete. Followed that up with dinner with Mom and her 2 best friends and my cousin (by friendship) Lea who is inspiring to me because she is a survivor like I plan to be. Now that is a good day folks. I am proud and tired and going to bed a new person! A better and stronger person! Nighty Night!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm happy to hear that you're still the same strong Nicole I've always known. Stay strong, my friend. I know it's easier said than done, but if anyone can do it, you can! xox

    ReplyDelete